Glacier Express Luxury Tour
Updated: Dec 5, 2019
From December to March
• 5 Star Hotel: 2245 CHF / person in double room
Treat yourself to something special: This exclusive package combines luxury hotels with a premium scenic rail journey on the iconic Glacier Express. Travelling through the Swiss Alps has never been so glamorous.
• Rail travel in 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
• Excellence Class on Glacier Express including seat reservation and full-day catering concept
• 4 nights’ accommodation in 5 Star Hotel
• Daily breakfast
• Local taxes
• Seat reservation on Glacier Express
GLACIER EXPRESS EXCELLENCE CLASS AMENITIES:
• Exclusive Concierge Service
• Red carpet, welcome desk and check-in at the station platform in St. Moritz and Zermatt
• Luggage transport in dedicated lockable Excellence Class section
• Guaranteed window seat due to comfortable lounge seating
• Tablet for on-board entertainment
• Trendy Glacier Bar with enjoyable cocktail variations in the coach (add. costs)
• Full-day catering concept (Welcome drink, aperitif & appetizers, exquisite 5-course menu incl. wines, soft drinks, snacks throughout the day, teatime in the afternoon).
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL IN ST. MORITZ
Arrive in Switzerland; 1st class rail transfer to St. Moritz. St. Moritz is more than just a holiday resort – it was the birthplace of alpine winter tourism. Enjoy the special lifestyle, characterised by top class hotels and restaurants as well as great shopping. Overnight in St. Moritz.
DAY 2 – ST. MORITZ – FREE DAY
This day is at your free disposal. Explore the valleys of the Upper Engadine, walk over frozen Lake Sils, enjoy one of the many top excursions and experience the amazing scenery of the region. Overnight in St. Moritz.
DAY 3 – EXCELLENCE CLASS ON THE GLACIER EXPRESS
A fascinating rail journey on the slowest express train in the world, with unrivalled views. A 5-course lunch and many other amenities are included – the most pleasant and impressive way to travel between the two world-famous resorts. Arrive late afternoon in Zermatt at the foot of the mighty Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
DAY 4 – ZERMATT
Time today to explore historic Zermatt at the foot of the most photographed mountain. For the best views we recommend an excursion to Gornergrat – the local mountain that has stunning views. Overnight in Zermatt.
DAY 5 – DEPARTURE
Rail transfer in 1st class to Zürich or Geneva and return journey home.